|Location:||St. Petersburg, FL|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
The Database Administrator will direct, evaluate, review, and manage database resources and services across the organization while providing technical support and leadership to the team. This individual is also responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing database policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of databases and their accompanying software.
- Create database objects, including databases, tables, views, and program structures.
- Ensure data integrity using features of the DBMS such as physical integrity, semantic integrity and internal structures (i.e. index consistency, pointer consistency, backup consistency).
- Monitor SQL database performance, recommend, and implement performance tuning, analyze access patterns and recommend application changes to optimize capacity, latency, and throughput.
- Design schemas, stored procedures, and access methods to database underlying high availability systems for multiple clients.
- Monitor and build appropriate indexes.
- Monitor and specify buffers and cache.
- Backup and recovery of databases.
- Support database consolidation and data migrations initiatives.
- Identify database requirements by interviewing stakeholders; analyzing department applications, programming, and operations; evaluating existing systems and designing proposed systems.
- Improve upon existing solutions by continuously refining database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, data back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Serve as the subject matter expert instituting best practices and answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members.
- Consistently maintain on time and accurate weekly reports utilizing CLARIFIRE® application for effectiveness.
- Keeps others informed of work progress, timetables and issues.
- Addresses problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical business solutions
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related field and at least 5 years of experience in database administration and development.
- MS SQL server 2005 or higher.
- In-depth knowledge of Windows OS capable of performing daily troubleshooting and support in an enterprise web hosting environment.
- Minimum of 3 years experience with MS cluster services and clustered SQL server databases.
- Skills in database configuration, high availability design, data access optimization, and high performance database interface design.
- Strong experience of relational databases, backup and restore operations, DB logins/permissions, stored procedures, schema, triggers, database maintenance activity, etc.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of the database development life cycle including data modeling, database coding, testing, and implementation.
- Demonstrates an understanding of complex problem solving techniques dealing with physical database creation and support.
- Knowledge of writing SQL scripts.
- Works effectively with co-workers by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner.
- Listens to and objectively considers ideas and suggestions from others.
- A team player with excellent communication skills is essential.
- Self-motivated and largely self-directed.
- Knowledge of SSRS Reports and/or willingness to learn.
eMASON, Inc.'s vision and mission are centered on creating a culture that reinforces our core values of Commitment, Self-Responsibility, Respect, Innovation and Creativity.
eMASON | Clarifire is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|Click Here to Download Complete Job Description|